Kite Nova Scotia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erin and I have a vacation from July 23-Aug 2.

2 posters

Go down

Erin and I have a vacation from July 23-Aug 2.  Empty Erin and I have a vacation from July 23-Aug 2.

Post  DC Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:34 am

We're thinking about Hatteras!

She wants to go to all kinds of non-kite-surfing-land-locked type places. But she'll agree to a road trip to Hatteras because she hasn't been.

Has anyone been down around this time of year? Windfinder looks good for the area. 30deg, 20knot.

We'll probably bring camping gear. Any idea if getting camp sites this time of year would be tough?

All I can think of for camping is KOA, or the one across the street. Know the name? Or of any other camping in the area?

OR...where to look for any sweet vacation last minute deals?

Thanks!
DC

DC

Back to top Go down

Erin and I have a vacation from July 23-Aug 2.  Empty Re: Erin and I have a vacation from July 23-Aug 2.

Post  troy_bezanson Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Camping might be tough. Hatteras is supposed to be really busy in the summer. maybe the recession will help a bit.

There's camping in Frisco, just south of Buxton. Kite point is a little North of Buxton. You should give Real Kiteboarding a call. They'll tell which camping spot is the best for kiting.
troy_bezanson
troy_bezanson

http://www.kaons.ca

Back to top Go down