Kite Nova Scotia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside News: A Canadian First!!!! Only at Darkside & only in Atlantic Canada

Go down

Darkside News: A Canadian First!!!! Only at Darkside & only in Atlantic Canada Empty Darkside News: A Canadian First!!!! Only at Darkside & only in Atlantic Canada

Post  DSKMike Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Tired of the high overhead on kiting equipment?
Tired of equipment being updated year to year?
Need a new quiver & don’t know where to start?
Want to start kiting, but can’t afford all the gear?
Tired of selling all your old gear for next to nothing?

Darkside Kites Equipment Leasing Program

Our new program, a 10 Month leasing option solves all those problems for you! By providing a security deposit (55% of MSRP) and a small monthly payment (very modest APR), you receive brand new, current model year kites and boards each year.

At the end of the 10 month lease term, you can:
-Return your old gear for exchange to the next model year equipment while only continuing the 10 Monthly payments the following year (your security deposit is retained by us and applied to the next lease term)
-Keep the gear you have at no additional cost (your deposit will be returned to you)
-Return your gear and leave the program (your deposit will be returned with no penalties)

Also, you have the option to Opt Out of the monthly payments and if you pay the full balance prior to term start, you can participate in the annual gear exchange program. Darkside Kites fully recognizes the cost of entering our sport and maintaining a safe and up to date quiver. By providing these options to you, I hope our flexibility will allow you to maximize your time on the water rather than dealing with your equipment.

Benefits:
-Smaller payments with reasonable APR compared to credit cards (lower than low rate cards)
-Annual new equipment with updated performance & safety
-No need to sell second hand Equipment
-Equipment always under warranty
-May be used as lease to own.
-10% discount on monthly payments for bulk purchases
-Unless you trash or lose your kite, your security deposit remains untouched and penalty free – even if you leave the plan early
-You are free to experiment with various models from year to year.

We all know kites are expensive & depreciate quickly. A kite more than 3 years old may be impossible to sell… why jeopardize your time in the water?

Please contact Mike at mike@darksidekites.ca for information as the website is updated…
[i]

Last edited by DSKMike on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total

DSKMike

Back to top Go down

Darkside News: A Canadian First!!!! Only at Darkside & only in Atlantic Canada Empty Re: Darkside News: A Canadian First!!!! Only at Darkside & only in Atlantic Canada

Post  DSKMike Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 am

The idea here is to change the way kites are bought and sold. Kiting isn't an accessible sport for most, and there is little chance of the industry changing to make gear cheaper without sacrificing either performance or build quality.

New to the sport or want to try a brand you haven't yet? You can get in, try it for a 'year' without being stuck selling second hand gear. Are you a kiter who likes having the best and latest? Every year, you get the brand new top of the line gear without the hassle or expense in selling.

Let me break it down:

If I buy a kite, let's say $1579 (we'll ignore tax at this point).
In a year, I can sell it and get $800 or so. Yeah, I could get more, but you could be stuck waiting to sell for a long time. In 3 years, you probably wouldn't get much more than $350 or so for that same kite.

So the 'cost' of owning that kite is: about $779 for one year and closer to $1229 after 3 years. Not to mention, you STILL have to drop another $1579 for a new kite.

Leasing the same kite through out plan, you'd make a one time refundable deposit of $868.45 and lease payments totalling $767.39 (everything but tax included).

Over the first year, the lease saves you a little - $12 or so, but a whole lot less headache. You would however, have to buy your self a new kite all over again. With our lease program, your deposit carries forward year to year.

Over three years, buying and replacing a kite would cost close to $2808 where as leasing would be in the ball park of $2300.

So there it is, you save money, save hassle, and keep new, warrantied gear in your quiver.

DSKMike

Back to top Go down