Kite Nova Scotia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy in need of help?

3 posters

Go down

New guy in need of help? Empty New guy in need of help?

Post  Maxwell Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Hello there Kiteboarders! I'm hoping to soon get my hands on a complete set for kiteboarding. I've watched many videos, but I wouldn't dare try this sport without lessons or someone who has done it before there with me. I have sailed for over 7 years, I think this will bring me some more understand of the use of the kite, I longboard also. Hoping these will help me out a bit, maybe not at all. I love trying new sports. Wondering if there is anyone from the Bridgewater area interested in going to the beach this summer to help a new guy out. Or even just show me a few things. I have no problem trying to self teach my self but with a kite strapped to my body... Second guess that sometimes. Would like to go in low wind day. I really have never seen anyone in the Bridgewater area kiteboard before. I really don't know where to get lessons either. Help? Haha. Cheers guys!

Maxwell

Back to top Go down

New guy in need of help? Empty Re: New guy in need of help?

Post  gavin feargrieve Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Maxwell,

I own a kitesurfing school in the Halifax area. We teach at various beaches in the Lawrencetown area. Taking lessons is the best way to get into the sport- it's the fastest, cheapest, and safest way. We supply (and sell) all gear required for lessons. For more info. on the lesson program, please go to:

www.lawrencetownkitesurfing.com
look under lessons/ costs and applications

Cheers,

Gavin Feargrieve
Cel. 483-4929
gavin feargrieve
gavin feargrieve

Back to top Go down

New guy in need of help? Empty Maybe in Lunenburg next year

Post  JonnyWhite Sun May 12, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Maxwell,

I might be moving to the area in the fall or winter, so I'll be scouting the beaches a little this summer, and I'd be there more often to ride with you in the future (good to have a buddy, in general). If you're keen to see it done, I can let you know when we're headed down to ride this summer and I can show you the gear and talk about it a little. However, just to be honest, until you get your own gear it's not really that appealing to lend gear to someone who's just learning. The stuff is expensive and even the experienced guys don't lend gear between each other as it's just too messy if something breaks (was it you who let the gear get old and unsafe, or was it the other guy who was reckless?)

That said, it's a brilliant sport and I'd really like to see you get into it, especially so I can have someone to ride with. Once you have your lessons and your gear I can provide a few tips along the way or rescue you or your board occasionally, too, both of which I found really useful from the crew out here.

I see Gavin posted in response. He's the one who mainly gave me tips and lessons as I progressed and I'd say he spends more time at it and knows more about the sport than any 2 of the rest of us. So, my recommendation: Come to Lawrencetown, take lessons with Gavin, meet the crew (there's 10-15 of us), then if you and I get along we'll find all the good spots on the south shore and invite them down occasionally.

Good luck. You'll love it.

JW - jonnywhite@gmail.com
JonnyWhite
JonnyWhite

Back to top Go down

New guy in need of help? Empty Re: New guy in need of help?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum