Kite Nova Scotia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

westerners

Go down

westerners Empty westerners

Post  jack Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:47 am

Hi All ,
Jack from Alberta here .
Hows the season so far this year ? Progression , new kites , boards , whats in the mix for you all .
We have had a wet year with our normal hit and miss winds around the Edmonton area .
I was out yesterday with a few locals . The wind was minimal by the time I arrived at Lac st. anne .
I was thinking not to bother when two flysurfer dudes came too , with their 15 speeds and huge doors . Well thats the trip guys for this wind . So thats the deal today . I rigged my 15 Waroo and brought out my homemade skim board.
Kiting with a skim board is much fun in the light wind , I can plow through the flats over the bullrushes and through the shallowest weedy shore line water on the beach ( Alberta beach remember not like NS beaches we have bullrushes and tons of weeds ) . Transitions are a breeze with no fins and don't slow the board so my inflato can just keep flying .
I made this board last year before a bad wreck had put me out of action for a while . Now however I am back on it and made my first Strapless jibe on a board , what an awesome feeling . Much more practice to be like Mitu , lol.
It took me two days to make the board and it's pure fun . I also have a 159 Spleene door and this homemade skim is easier to kite on in light wind . Direct the kite and literally , jump on , and go
I picked up a surfboard for kiting too and another new experience starts . I was trying the surfboard in Texas at the Roundup event last year and it's a challenge as well . Just getting the hang of getting on is a challenge , shallow water is easy , no easier , than deep water but it all takes practice . I had tears of joy in my eyes when I did the Jibe though ,what a rush !
Kiting is a blast and all the different aspects of it will keep my interest for a long time to come i'm sure .
Wakestyle , freestyle , strapless finless , and best of all , WAVES !
These are the best drugs out there !
You are fortunate to be on the coast and enjoy the waves . I'm really envious of the coast kiters everywhere.
Have a great season everyone , lets hear of your accomplishments .
oh ya I'm 54 in a couple of days and this sport makes me feel half that again . I have had nothing but fun everywhere I have kited and met awesome people , this will add years to your life , pass it on .
Take good care everyone
JackZ

jack

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum