Kite Nova Scotia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm session!

2 posters

Go down

Storm session! Empty Storm session!

Post  gavin feargrieve Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:16 pm

If anyone is interested in joining, Will. and I are going to hit it tomorrow morning/ afternoon, likely going to Stoney.. 30/40 knots bring it on!

Storm session!
gavin feargrieve
gavin feargrieve

Back to top Go down

Storm session! Empty Re: Storm session!

Post  JonnyWhite Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:40 am

I'll be curious to hear how this goes.

I jumped on the forum as I was thinking about seeing if there's a good spot for tomorrow (Wednesday Apr. 6). Would the gun range work well with a WNW wind?
JonnyWhite
JonnyWhite

Back to top Go down

Post  gavin feargrieve Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:53 am

A lot of the time heavy fog such as yesterday has the effect of killing the wind at the beach. There can be gale force wind in the city and nothing at the beach! Very frustrating.

Yesterday was NOT one of those days! We had 20/ 25 knots the whole time we were out from 10:30 to 3:30. At Conrads, the waves were pretty sick- head high for sure. The go pro met it's limits with all the fog. None of the footage turned out. Oh well, it was a great session.

As for The Gun Range. It will work in any wind direction. But, keep in mind, anything southerly is 'off shore'. If the wind dies and you're unable to ride upwind to the launch you may have to swim for it. Not exactly life threatening given how shallow Cole Harbour is, but I would not want to do it this time of year. BTW, it's typically quite gusty there but with the Nomad it should be quite manageable.

Have fun.
gavin feargrieve
gavin feargrieve

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyWhite Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:20 am

Didn't have any takers and didn't get out. Hopefully I'll join you guys next time you post.

I'm keeping an eye on next Monday/Tuesday (11/12).
JonnyWhite
JonnyWhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down